Stained Glass Paint is tinted paint that has the appearance of stained glass when it dries. Our favorite application for this paint is to apply to crystals, plastic and glass to tint new and vintage pieces to transform new and old pieces such as candlesticks, chandelier, crystals and other clear faceted items.
Stained Glass is also amazing when applied to pearls giving them a beautiful tint, while we don’t recommend applying them to real pearls, we do love to paint faux pearls. The tinted color is amazing.
Catalog – To view a printable flier for the Tattered Angels Stained Glass Paints
|Slightly tinted liquid|
|Apply with brush|
|Not designed for apparel or washable surfaces|
Shake before each use. Apply with paintbrush or dip small glass-likes substances into bottle (i.e. faux crystals, jewelry pieces, etc).
- Stained Glass is designed tint clear objects such as glass crystals, acrylic crystal stickers, plastic pendants, glass bottles and light colored items such as faux pearls by dipping or painting onto the surface, while letting the design of the object show through.
- The more you dip the object the deeper the color, keeping in mind this paint is not designed to give a dark total coverage, but rather to add a tint of color.
- Shake before applying.
- Dip smaller objects directly into the bottle or for larger objects transfer paint to a different container.
- We feel dipping provides the best results, but painting onto the surface will work as well.
- Allow the paint to dry for 10-15 minutes between coats
- Allow to dry by hanging the 3-dimensional objects when possible rather than letting them dry on a flat surface
- For stickers or flat items we recommend a paint brush.
- Permanent when dry.
- Makeover a chandelier or lamp with crystals by dipping into one or various colors of Stained Glass. Wash and allow them to dry before applying paint. Dip each one individually and allow them to dry before adding them back to chandelier or lamp. We recommend our DIY or High Impact Paint for coverage on the actual lamp or chandelier.
- Paint clear crystal stickers in the size of your choice with the DIY color of your choice. Current crystals on the market are not always created in the colors of choice, so this gives you the options to create your own color palette
- Paint faux pearls and add them to decorative pieces, pillows or accessories.
- Coat the inside of glass bottles by pouring a small amount of Stained Glass into the container and swirl around and allow to dry. Apply one coat for a light tint or apply additional coats to deepen the color. Choose Glimmer Glam for the same technique with the addition of glitter.
- Pour Stained Glass into any candle or soap mold and allow to dry to create translucent shaped objects. You can add objects into the mold similar to making soap.
- Paint the outside of wine and other glasses with Stained Glass or Glimmer Glam.