Simply Sheer: if you are looking for pure mist color without the glimmer, Simply Sheer is the answer and it works just like the original spray mist paint, Glimmer Mist.
Delivering a beautiful translucent mist of color, Simply Sheer is the perfect choice when just a tint of color is needed or mist additional layers to create a deeper color tone. Simply Sheer is a great alternative to Glimmer Mist for projects requiring rustic colors, for boy and masculine projects or for projects that just to not need the glimmer.
While Simply Sheer is not offered is the wide range of colors that Glimmer Mist is, we offer a full palette of color. To achieve additional colors you can mix one or more Simply Sheer colors together and if you love a Simply Sheer color by need a little Glimmer, ‘simply’ add one of our clear Glimmer Mist with your choice of color and shake well.
Available in 2oz clear bottles, each bottle features a painted swatch of the exact color. Simply Sheer is an eco-friendly, odorless, water-soluble paint and is made in the USA. For best results shake before the first spray. Air dry or use a heat gun to speed up the process.
Catalog – to view the Simply Sheet and the Tattered Angels Mists.
The Simply Sheer color offering includes over 35 custom designed colors. Our palette was created to meet your seasonal, craft and DIY needs. We love color, so if you don’t find the color you are looking for let us know (you never know it could be added in an upcoming release).
|Tinted liquid without glitter
|Clear mist/spray bottle
|Not designed for apparel or washable surfaces
Shake before each use with a side-to-side motion (like ringing a bell) allowing the color to disperse in the bottle. You will want to shake often. For a light, all over misted application, hold away from your project and spray, “committing to the mist,” by pumping the applicator all the way down with each spray. For more coverage, hold closer to your project while spraying, moving very little until you get the coverage you are looking for.
- Simple Sheer is designed to give you a translucent glimmer effect. The more coverage you give the more depth of color you will get.
- Before spraying, practice the shaking technique to get the most of that great color in each spray.
- Let Simple Sheer air dry or use a heating tool to speed up the drying process.
- Simply Sheer is great on fabric but is water based and is not designed for apparel projects that will be washed.
- When spraying on paper, it may curl. Secure down with heavy objects to allow the finished project to dry flat.
- Use Simply Sheer as a water color by adding the paint to a bowl with a splash of water and apply with a paintbrush.
- For a light, evenly misted look, hold SS away from your project and spray, such as you would when applying hairspray.
- For a thicker, raindrop application, hold SS closer to your project whiles spraying.
- Doing quick, half pump sprays will give a dotted effect.
- To achieve an even smooth finish add SS to the paper surface. Apply a paper towel evenly over sprayed surface and remove extra SS by rolling a brayer over the paper towel.
- For a pooling effect, which gives intense color, spray SS very closely and directly onto your project.
- Layer multiple colors to add a beautiful richness to your projects.
- Spray onto unfinished wood to give the wood a beautiful stain.
- Place a mask onto any medium and spray, the masked area will remain the original medium and the rest will be misted.
- Spray generously onto light weight paper and crumple to get a fun texture or foil appearance.
- Change the color or create your own color silk or fabric flowers by applying one or more colors of paint.
Gessoed Stretched Canvas
Un-gessoed Stretched Canvas