Glimmer Mist, the original spray mist paint and the first product in the Tattered Angels collection. Delivering a beautiful translucent mist of paint with a touch of glimmer. Available in a wide range of colors, each developed with a unique recipe of color and glimmer to create amazing results.Available in 2oz clear bottles, each bottle features a painted swatch of the exact color. Glimmer Mist is an eco-friendly, odorless, water-soluble paint and is made in the USA. For best results shake before the first spray. Air dry or use a heat gun to speed up the process.Each color stands beautifully alone, but when blended with a collection of colors the results are breathtaking. If you are looking for a sheer mist without the glimmer, our Simply Sheer is the answer.
Glimmer Mist is also available in a starter kit which offers 4 colors in 1 oz bottles, free tags and a sample piece of canvas.
Catalog – to view the entire Glimmer Mist and Tattered Angels Mist Collection.
The Glimmer Mist color offering includes over 200 custom designed colors. Our palette was created to meet your seasonal, craft and DIY needs. We love color, so if you don’t find the color you are looking for let us know (you never know it could be added in an upcoming release).
|Tinted liquid with glimmer|
|Clear mist/spray bottle|
|Not designed for apparel or washable surfaces|
Shake before each use with a side-to-side motion (like ringing a bell) allowing the glimmer to disperse in the bottle. You will want to shake often. For a light, all over misted application, hold Glimmer Mist away from your project and spray, “committing to the mist,” by pumping the applicator all the way down with each spray. For more coverage, hold Glimmer Mist closer to your project while spraying, moving very little until you get the coverage you are looking for. The Glimmer Mist spray applicator is the best way to apply the mist to your surface, however the mist can also be used as a water color paint. Simply shake and pour into a small bowl and apply with a brush. Glimmer Mist applications are limited only by your creativity. Just a touch of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist can make all of your projects shine.
- Glimmer Mist is designed to give you a translucent glimmer effect. The more coverage you give the more depth of color you will get.
- Before spraying, practice the shaking technique to get the most of that great glimmer and glitter in each spray.
- Let Glimmer Mist air dry or use a heating tool to speed up the drying process.
- Glimmer Mist contains glitter that may clog the sprayer. If the sprayer becomes clogged, remove the sprayer and free glitter from the tube using a needle. If this does not resolve the issue, please call our offices to replace the sprayer.
- Glimmer Mist is great on fabric but is water based and is not designed for apparel projects that will be washed.
- When spraying on paper, it may curl. Secure down with heavy objects to allow the finished project to dry flat.
- Use GM as a water color by adding the paint to a bowl with a splash of water and apply with a paintbrush.
- For a light, evenly misted look, hold GM away from your project and spray, such as you would when applying hairspray.
- For a thicker, raindrop application, hold Glimmer Mist closer to your project whiles spraying.
- Doing quick, half pump sprays will give a dotted effect.
- To achieve an even smooth finish add glimmer mist to the paper surface. Apply a paper towel evenly over sprayed surface and remove extra GM by rolling a brayer over the paper towel.
- For a pooling effect, which gives intense color, spray GM very closely and directly onto your project.
- Layer multiple colors to add a beautiful richness to your projects.
- Spray onto unfinished wood to give the wood a beautiful stain.
- Place a mask onto any medium and spray, the masked area will remain the original medium and the rest will be misted.
- Spray generously onto light weight paper and crumple to get a fun texture or foil appearance.
- Change the color or create your own color silk or fabric flowers by applying one or more colors of paint.
Gessoed Stretched Canvas
Un-gessoed Stretched Canvas
Have more questions? Visit our FAQ page.