This semi-opaque mist is the perfect choice when more coverage is what you are looking for. The very first opaque mist is just like our Chalkboard Mist, but without the glimmer.
This water-based paint comes in a 2oz. bottle with a fine mist sprayer for easy application. You can also apply with a foam or bristle brush to any surface. You will always want to shake first before applying to your surface.
Baseboard has a chalk or milk-like like consistency. While it may not allow you to mist, dry and write with chalk on every surface, it does work on walls. Simply mist to the color of your choice, spread with a foam or bristle paint brush until smooth, let dry and you create a chalkboard wall in just about any color. We suggest you try a small area just to make sure the wall texture will work for this application. Think of it like stain for your wall, so you will want to apply to a white or light surface painted wall.
Catalog - view a complete catalog of all Baseboard Mist and the entire Tattered Angels Mist Collection
Available in a rainbow of colors, that can be mixed together to create new colors or added to any Glimmer Mist or Simply Sheer paint to make it more opaque. We love color, so if you don’t find the color you are looking for let us know (you never know it could be added in an upcoming release).
|Semi-opaue liquid without glimmer|
|Clear mist/spray bottle|
|Not designed for apparel or washable surfaces|
Shake before each use with a side-to-side motion (like ringing a bell) allowing the milky color to disperse in the bottle. You will want to shake often. For a light, all over misted application, hold Baseboard away from your project and spray, “committing to the mist,” by pumping the applicator all the way down with each spray. For more coverage, hold Baseboard closer to your project while spraying, moving very little until you get the coverage you are looking for.
- Baseboard was designed to give a semi-opaque flat misted finish. The more you spray, the more coverage you will get.
- Before spraying, shake to blend the dyes. Hold the bottle straight up and shake side to side multiple times (like ringing a bell).
- Air dry or use a heating tool to speed up the drying process.
- Do not move the sprayer too much or too fast as this may cause air bubbles.
- When spraying on paper, it may curl. Secure down with heavy objects to allow the finished project to dry flat.
- For a light, evenly misted look, hold Baseboard away from your project and spray, such as you would when applying hairspray.
- For a thicker, raindrop application, hold Baseboard closer to your project whiles spraying.
- Doing quick, half pump sprays will give a dotted effect.
- To achieve an even smooth finish add glimmer mist to the paper surface. Apply a paper towel evenly over sprayed surface and remove extra Baseboard by rolling a brayer over the paper towel.
- For a pooling effect, which gives intense color, spray Baseboard very closely and directly onto your project.
- Layer multiple colors to add a beautiful richness to your projects.
- Spray onto unfinished wood to give the wood a beautiful stain.
- Place a mask onto any medium and spray, the masked area will remain the original medium and the rest will be misted.
- Spray generously onto light weight paper and crumple to get a fun texture or foil appearance.
- Change the color or create your own color silk or fabric flowers by applying one or more colors of paint.
Gessoed Stretched Canvas
Un-gessoed Stretched Canvas