Tattered Tangles is our answer to the Zentangle craze and we are in love with all that Tangles. Printed on a special paper that loves paints, mists, markers….bringing out the best in every color. The black are white art is the starting place for adding color and design. To add additional line art, simply choose the black marker of your choice and begin.
Each piece was designed to give you a starting place to add color. Choose a seasonal palette of color, special occasion or the colors you like and paint inside the lines, outside the lines or on the lines.
We offer Tattered Tangles in a range of 12×12 papers that can be used for backgrounds or painted and cut into smaller pieces and also our Tangle Packs which include 12 unique cards in a range of sizes that have great messages and designs that are perfect for scrapbooking, cards, art journals and more.
Papers & Paper Packs
Some fun paint techniques include:
- Watercolor with Glimmer Mist – simply shake the bottle, pour a small amount onto a plate or small bowl and paint onto your Tattered Tangles design with a small brush to create a simple and beautiful watercolor technique, with lots of glimmer that will show through, you can do this with Simply Sheer, Baseboard and Chalkboard as well, but we love the sheerness of the Glimmer Mist paint with just the right amount of shimmer coming through.
- Mist and Resist – the back lines will come through when misted or watercolor, but to add another level of dimension paint Glimmer Glaze onto any sections you want to stand out and then mist and those areas will shine through.
- ‘Polish’ It – our Glimmer Glaze is like painting with nail polish without the smell. Simply pick your colors and color in, on and outside of the lines – warning this is a little addictive, you won’t want to stop.
- Mist It – mist the entire paper or card with one or more colors, simple but effective
- Mixed Techniques – all of the above can be used together or individually, experiment.
While we love to paint with Tattered Angels onto our Tattered Tangles, other products works well too. Color in with Sharpie Markers, watercolor paints, pastels, inks and more, try our favorites and see what works for you.
The other side of the paper is blank, but the same great finish, so add your own designs to the back. You can also buy the paper in blank format, it is our ‘Leather’ Mistable Paper. For a complete selection of other unique blank papers you can few the line.